Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL Asking Teams to Stop Certain Drills (like the Oklahoma)
(05-24-2019, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Quit putting words in my mouth, all i said was wussification.

I understand injury prevention and some players not wanting to risk it by doing the Oklahoma drill i just want the option open.

It is entertaining and last i thought this game is supposed to be entertaining.

I kind of see it both ways. As a fan attending training camp, it certainly is one of the more entertaining drills to watch, but at the same time the goal of a training camp drill shouldn't be entertaining the fans in attendance. If the potential cost is less than the potential gain, I totally get not doing it... but at the same time, I do think it's a chance for a lesser known player to open some eyes. I seem to remember reading a story of a rookie Tim Krumrie destroying people in the Oklahoma drill (including iirc their first round draft choice that year, who I think was a center? I may be wrong).

So honestly I have no real clue if they should ban it or not. I think it's an interesting discussion, though. I'm guessing the NFLPA had a say?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Asking Teams to Stop Certain Drills (like the Oklahoma) - NKURyan - 05-24-2019, 02:44 PM