Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL Asking Teams to Stop Certain Drills (like the Oklahoma)
(05-24-2019, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well there is a lot of truth to the NFL being more wimpy then back in the day.

Have never been for the cheating side at all but a lot of stuff was allowed back in the day that is not allowed today.

Never want a player to get injured either, so don't insinuate that i do.

Nobody got hurt when they were doing the Oklahoma drill on Hard Knocks as far as i know.

Players can get hurt walking around their living room.

We don't even have to look back that far to see how stuff used to be allowed.  Kimo taking out Carson's knee was fine.  Oh those good ol days.

(05-24-2019, 02:44 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I kind of see it both ways. As a fan attending training camp, it certainly is one of the more entertaining drills to watch, but at the same time the goal of a training camp drill shouldn't be entertaining the fans in attendance. If the potential cost is less than the potential gain, I totally get not doing it... but at the same time, I do think it's a chance for a lesser known player to open some eyes. I seem to remember reading a story of a rookie Tim Krumrie destroying people in the Oklahoma drill (including iirc their first round draft choice that year, who I think was a center? I may be wrong).

So honestly I have no real clue if they should ban it or not. I think it's an interesting discussion, though. I'm guessing the NFLPA had a say?

If the players don't want to do it, and it's a reasonable request, then what is the issue?  This isn't bumfights, these guys have actual influence and power now.  Thems the breaks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Asking Teams to Stop Certain Drills (like the Oklahoma) - Nately120 - 05-24-2019, 02:51 PM