Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alabama Court Awards Fetus the Right to Sue
(05-29-2019, 09:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: According to a Pew survey, 2/3rds of Hispanics consider Hispanic their race and not their ethnicity.

Part of the reason why we need to rethink how we ask for and use race/ethnicity information with the census. 

(05-29-2019, 09:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: To be fair, what one considers to be their race doesn't matter much as race is constructed based upon society's perception of you based on external factors. An individual can be categorized as different races by different people as the lines for what constitutes what race is highly subjective and often shifting based upon regional, generational, and also current trends.

But I should stop here because whenever I try to actually introduce social science into conversations about race it results in confusion for some individuals.

I've been with you in that boat here. I'm not so sure it's always confusion. There's definitely some who are unwilling to change their views for any reason.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alabama Court Awards Fetus the Right to Sue - BmorePat87 - 05-30-2019, 08:09 AM