Poll: What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about future?
11 and 5 or better - Zac must match or beat Sean McVay’s 1st year as a Head Coach
10 and 6 - would tell me Zac is for real & an up and coming Head Coach; no lower
9 and 7 - Zac wins more than he loses signals a bright future; low as I’ll go
8 and 8 - Zac winning 50% of games 1st year is not a bad sign; I’d still believe
7 and 9 - Zac must at least do better than Marvin’s record in Marvin’s last season here
6 and 10 - Zac must at least match Marvin’s record in Marvin’s last season here
5 and 11 or worse - is ok year 1 since all New Staff & Zac’s first year as a Head Coach
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about future?
(05-30-2019, 06:53 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: What I fear the most is Dalton will ultimately be hung with load of the blame if the team shortfalls when our front office and boy-wonder coach may be the real culprits.

(05-30-2019, 10:26 PM)motoarch Wrote: This is tough question to anwser.  These aren't his guys and he may not be able to run a scheme he likes with the personnel at hand.  

(05-31-2019, 08:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am shocked at the acceptance of losing in this poll thus far. This is a veteran team decimated by injuries in 2018.

It boggles me the low level of expectations being expected of ZT in year number 1

(05-31-2019, 09:55 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: We have aging key players so they don't have time to mess around here.

How well or not well the team plays in 2019 could determine what exact Strategy gets taken by Zac & the Organization starting in 2020.

As pointed out by other Posters, Zac has inherited players that "aren't his guys" and a number of the Key players are "aging". Should 2019 not go very well, then Zac & the Organization may look to the mini-rebuild path possibly to the point of bringing in a 1st round rookie quarterback. Even consider trades of a key aging player or two.

There is a bit of a win soon window with this group of veteran players coupled with a need for Zac to bring in more of his own system fitting players to build towards the future.

Bengal fans may end up having to be even more patient should Zac & the Organization decide to reboot in 2020 with say a young QB.

A good 2019 could keep this window open while a bad 2019 could lead to greater changes going forward & fans may be expected to be patient as even more "New Dey" changes occur.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about ... - depthchart - 05-31-2019, 12:28 PM