Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Will The Democrats' Platform Be In 2020?
(06-13-2019, 08:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pat, I agree that everyone needs to be taken care of, without a doubt.  However, I also agree with bfine that the entire burden shouldn't be thrust upon the big earners.  If the overwhelming majority of citizens wants to go that route of free health care and free higher education, etc.  that's fine, just distribute the costs of those programs evenly, not just as an add on to the high earners.

Most single-payer systems I have seen would work very much like your Medicare tax already does, just in a higher amount. Essentially, replace your insurance premium with a tax amount. The payment for it wouldn't be progressively taxed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Will The Democrats' Platform Be In 2020? - Belsnickel - 06-13-2019, 08:50 PM