Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
So, Conservatives not the psychotic ones, after all..
Sorry for posting in the old thread and for answering so late, but I do not want to leave questions unanswered. So shortly

(06-10-2019, 12:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fair enough. I should not have pointed to posts in this thread to point to anyone's mental status.

Kudos for that.

(06-10-2019, 12:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So can we just all agree that Liberal have a greater propensity to become psychotic?

No. Correlation and causation are not the same thing, and even the correlation is standing on pretty weak legs. Dill is not wrong about that.
Plus, why would anyone be keen to reach that conclusion? I know why a conservative would. But aside from team players, everyone should see clearly that this has no meaning for real life at all and isn't really worth debating.

(06-10-2019, 12:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The authors still argues that the study holds up in showing that personality traits alone do not determine our political views. You think the entire thing is junk?

I think the entire thing is quite pointless and yeah, pretty much junk science. I don't see much reason to trust the authors or give the findings any real life merit. It doesn't get quoted for being good science, but to be used in the old red vs. blue game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, Conservatives not the psychotic ones, after all.. - hollodero - 06-14-2019, 01:30 PM