Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Will The Democrats' Platform Be In 2020?
(06-14-2019, 08:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With all do respect, Austria is much different that the US.  (and I don't mean that in a negative way)  For one, Austria has a population of only 8.7M people, and the US is over 330M.  The logistics involved with managing such a minute population are much different than that of a Nation with a population as large, and with as many diverse lifestyles as ours has.  

I might change my mind, if an entire US State, one with a major metropolis as well as vast rural territories, were to adopt that method and make it successful.  Maybe a State like Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Gerorgia.  Those States offer a good example of a balance between Urban and Rural, with both populaces being vital to the States total economy.  If one of those States could make it work for 20 years?  I'd be likely to vote for it at the Federal level.

Seems to me like scale should work in favor of the large countries, with more people paying in. Why would we expect US health care to cost more because it is bigger, especially when there are so many other factors to explain why we pay double per capita per year what Germans pay?

So what about Germany, and Japan too?  They are WAY bigger than runty little Austria.  

If one of those countries proved to have a better, and cheaper, healthcare system--measured in something other than profits for doctors, hospitals and insurance--would you give that system a second look?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Will The Democrats' Platform Be In 2020? - Dill - 06-14-2019, 09:11 PM