Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Will The Democrats' Platform Be In 2020?
(06-19-2019, 08:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You'll rarely find people more wanting to preserve nature than those who go out, appreciate it, and put food on their table from it. They're also an enormous source of money for conservation efforts, and help keep the deer population from exploding out of control, causing massive swaths of plant life from being stripped clean leading to a massive die off in the winter from starvation.

Heck, the biggest outdoorsman/hunter President we've ever had was Theodore Roosevelt, and he created national parks, tons of forest reserves, fish and game reserves, and the Forest Service.

I think the problem is that Democrats have pretty much had the vegetarians, vegans, and PETA folk (and other organizations like them) pretty solidly on their side. Good luck explaining to a vegan PETA person that you're killing a deer (and eating it) to help conserve wildlife. (Meat is murder!  Ninja) So the effort might be trading less (but guaranteed) voters for more (but not guaranteed) voters.

Oh, I've had those conversations. LOL

I've convinced as few as two, possibly as many as six, people that previously abhorred hunting and (hook and line) fishing that they were ethical and humane ways of including animal protein into your diet. These are conversations I have on the regular, but I also talk about conservation of land, water, and wildlife a lot more than most.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Will The Democrats' Platform Be In 2020? - Belsnickel - 06-19-2019, 09:16 AM