Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump refuses to apologize for Central Park 5 death ad
(06-20-2019, 12:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As usual I'll just leave it as disagreeing with the Alliance.

A private citizen wrote an oped about violence in his city. the direction policing has gone in the last 10 years, and opined that people of all races were being assaulted. He further called upon Laws to be strengthened as a deterrent. He single out no race, no specific crime, and called for no action from civilians.

During the same time frame 5 boys are accused of an assault, and he is asked if he feels compassion for them (aka no death sentence) he said if guilty then he feels no compassion and provides examples of assaulters throwing their victims off roof tops.

Many years later the 5 boys he said he felt no compassion for if guilty were found not to be. And now that he's POTUS in some strange twist of logic he should apologize for the oped he wrote.

As I said: He should be ashamed to continue to question the judicial system as he does, hell he might even should apologize to the CP5, but there is no logical reason he should apologize for the oped unless folks want to assert there was no violent crime in NYC.

He wrote an oped promoting "police brutality" as a crime deterrent when in this case it was police brutality that caused innocent boys to confess to a crime they did not commit.  

You don't think that deserves an apology?

How about his demanding that the civil liberties of citizens be suspended just because of an increase in crime?  Do you agree with that?  Personally I think that is a very dangerous position to take.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump refuses to apologize for Central Park 5 death ad - fredtoast - 06-20-2019, 02:27 PM