Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court overturns conviction of man tried six times for murder, citing racism
(06-21-2019, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If the SCOTUS is going to rule like this then they just need to eliminate peremptory challenges. 

Peremptory challenges allow an attorney to dismiss a potential juror with stating cause.  

I thought they were for doing it without stating cause?

(06-21-2019, 01:15 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No need for him to be on Death Row,
The evidence against him is good, but not solid enough to warrant the Death Penalty.

His Uncle's gun was reported stolen and matches the type of gun used, so I feel he did it, but sadly they can't find the gun, but they did find Gunpowder residue on his hands. The stupid prosecutor is effing it all up and now a person that is likely guilty will get to go free.

Eh, I dunno. The guy was fired a couple weeks before and there's the stolen gun... but that doesn't seem to be a lot to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Seems like lazy police/prosecution work.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Supreme Court overturns conviction of man tried six times for murder, citing racism - Benton - 06-21-2019, 03:03 PM