Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Wall Street pay off student debt
(06-28-2019, 02:32 PM)Dill Wrote: I cannot understand this drastic change in costs, and its effect on opportunity, by blaming students and teachers.  Nor can I begin to imagine a policy which would correct this imbalance.

It's not their fault the cost changed, it is their fault that they (teachers) perpetuate the "need" and in the end they (Students) choose to take on the debt. Colleges operate much the same as every other business, their pricing is based on supply and demand. The demand is artificially inflated by the check box hiring using degrees as one of the gates to employment, especially when it isn't really needed.

I don't think we will ever get businesses to eliminate those check boxes, in fact many are moving to higher level of advanced degrees, but what we can do is keep attacking the narrative that the only good jobs are ones that require traditional college. If we can shift some of the demand to vocational schools we can force the colleges to correct to attempt to claw it back. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Wall Street pay off student debt - Au165 - 06-28-2019, 02:38 PM