Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Wall Street pay off student debt
(06-28-2019, 11:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This is America, land of spend spend spend and money money money.  Our president is Donald Trump, for pete's sake!  I mean, part of me groans when I see someone who is clearly white trash buying a bunch of scratch off tickets, but the rational part of me knows that the hope of winning "a bunch of money" is worth more to that person than the tangible benefits the money wasted could provide.  Bet your bottom dollar, and all that.

Speaking of Trump, I notice that pollsters often break down voters into demographic groups based upon education level. Sometimes "type" as well, like liberal arts or engineering.

Could it be that one uses a college degree when assessing candidates and VOTING?
And not just for presidential elections.

Perhaps for other life decisions as well that may not relate to work, like health, child rearing? We don't use our basic grade school skills of reading and writing and arithmetic "just for work." Perhaps it is the same with higher order college skills/knowledge as well?

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2018/11/education-gap-explains-american-politics/575113/

Marist poll in October of this year found that 55 percent of non-college-educated white voters approved of the job Trump was doing, compared with just 39 percent of college-educated white voters. When Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh squeaked through a Senate confirmation hearing with a sexual assault allegation in tow, 54 percent of non-college-educated white voters supported him, compared with 38 percent who had gone to college. ...

Every year, on its American Values Survey, the Public Religion Research Institute asks Americans whether they “think American culture and way of life has mostly changed for the better, or has it mostly changed for the worse,” since the 1950s. Fifty percent of Americans say that it’s gotten better in this year’s poll, and 47 percent say that it has gotten worse.

But for white voters, the answer to that question is split by education level. Fifty-eight percent of college-educated whites this year say that America has gotten better since 1950, while 57 percent of non-college-educated whites say that it’s gotten worse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Wall Street pay off student debt - Dill - 06-29-2019, 11:46 AM