Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radiating insecurity affects foreign relations
(07-10-2019, 09:32 AM)GMDino Wrote: As an aside when I was doing a search for an old thread yesterday I came across the the discussion about the anonymous NY Post op-ed and got wondering if DJT every found out who he leaker was.  Or any of the other times they were looking for who was leaking from the WH.

I'd venture to guess the vast majority never get caught.

(07-10-2019, 09:18 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah it seems the problem is the leaker.  (How is "leaker" not a word?)  I imagine stuff like this is reported all the time and not just about Trump.

This case is odd because diplomatic communiques are HIGHLY protected, of necessity. Especially sensitive evaluations of allies. They are much less easy to leak than internal WH communications flowing between dozens of staffers.

The volume of Trump WH leaks has long been read as a symptom of dysfunction, especially infighting--people with agendas at cross purposes trying to torpedo each other.  

One of my concerns is that the government of our closest ally may also be succumbing to similar dysfunction. Boris Johnson will not fix that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Radiating insecurity affects foreign relations - Dill - 07-10-2019, 10:51 AM