Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic
(10-01-2015, 12:34 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Evolution says man evolved from a common ancestor with primates, through a process that was, for lack of a better term, random. The bible says man was created by God, through a process that was by no means random. I simply don't see how it's possible to combine the two without taking away from each. I don't want to do that because of how much I respect both.

Ok, I'll ask you, why do you seem so angry? Don't say it's because of me, I saw some of your posts before I started posting, you and the other guy seemed angry.

Evolution does not claim changes are random. I think that is where the breakdown is here. Evolution occurs as a result of adaptations to the environment. But there is nothing in evolutionary theory that says these changes are random or that remove a possibility of a higher power. It is quite easy to fit the concept of a "guiding hand" in evolution and there is nothing to deny that is the case. It takes nothing away from religion or evolutionary theory. Reconciling intelligent design and evolution is very simple if you have faith and logic.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Belsnickel - 10-01-2015, 07:48 AM