Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How NYT Celebrates Apollo 11 50th Anniversary
(07-22-2019, 03:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Cool article. Never knew the USSR was hung up on trying to appear morally superior to the US with regards to sex and racial equality.

Not sure this is a communist worship piece as I've seen several conservative outlets label it to be, but we should always be willing to critically analyze our own history, even when it makes us uncomfortable.

I don't see it as communist worship, but I do question the need to include this completely unrelated information in a story about the greatest accomplishment in human history.  While it's not exactly the same thing it's analogous to running a story on the anniversary of 9/11 and then pointing out how US foreign policy in the Middle East helped precipitate it.  While both sets of facts are true, including them in an anniversary story comes off as awfully gauche to me.  It certainly won't do anything but reinforce the perception of the NYT's as a liberal mouthpiece to those already inclined in that direction.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How NYT Celebrates Apollo 11 50th Anniversary - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-22-2019, 04:11 PM