Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How NYT Celebrates Apollo 11 50th Anniversary
(07-22-2019, 04:11 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't see it as communist worship, but I do question the need to include this completely unrelated information in a story about the greatest accomplishment in human history.  While it's not exactly the same thing it's analogous to running a story on the anniversary of 9/11 and then pointing out how US foreign policy in the Middle East helped precipitate it.  While both sets of facts are true, including them in an anniversary story comes off as awfully gauche to me.  It certainly won't do anything but reinforce the perception of the NYT's as a liberal mouthpiece to those already inclined in that direction.

I completely disagree with comparing this to 9/11. I think that's an absurd comparison even qualified as "analogous". I think it's comparable to the Smithsonian writing articles on how Canada views their "wins" against the US during the War of 1812 on the 200th anniversary of the war. 

The moon landing signifies winning the space race. This article points to another milestone the Soviets sought to win before the Americans. If I am going to write about this, I would write about it when people are going to be most interested. It's not disrespectful. It shouldn't be seen as disparaging of the US. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How NYT Celebrates Apollo 11 50th Anniversary - BmorePat87 - 07-22-2019, 04:19 PM