Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How NYT Celebrates Apollo 11 50th Anniversary
(07-23-2019, 12:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: Given that you are arguing that the article should not have been published at all

I did not make that argument at all.  Please confine yourself to addressing points I actually make, if you would be so kind.

Quote:and I was making the point that the OP's disdain that it was published on the 50th anniversary of the moon landing I'm not sure why your ability to read your native language is pertinent to the discussion.

Because you were pointing out something I had already acknowledged.  I can only guess at your motivation, but I assumed that you did so as you thought I was unaware of this.  If I am incorrect in guessing your motivation then my bad. 

Quote:In fact I never responded to you that your premise was wrong, misguided or a result of being triggered.  Thanks.

No, you did not directly say I was "triggered".  You did make a blanket statement about people being "triggered".  I can only guess at your motivation, but I assumed, based on the totality of the circumstances, that you made this blanket statement about those who found this article to be distasteful.  If I am incorrect in guessing your motivation than my bad.  Perhaps you can inform us was to whom you were referring when you said people were triggered, thereby avoiding such potential misunderstandings?

Messages In This Thread
RE: How NYT Celebrates Apollo 11 50th Anniversary - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-23-2019, 03:47 PM