Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump’s plan to kick 500,000 poor children off the free school lunch program
(07-30-2019, 04:11 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You do realize they are closing a loophole that people like Robert Undersander (a Minnesota retiree) with assets more than $1 mil applied for a received food stamps. Currently it only tests for income and not overall assets, so those 500k kids will likely be right back on it and just have to re-apply. Shame on those Republicans taking from the Rich to keep it with the really needy.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/06/24/after-legally-receiving-food-stamps-this-millionaire-is-trying-to-change-the-system/

Minnesota is among 34 states that, along with Washington, D.C., use the “broad-based categorical eligibility” loophole to avert the need to check assets, according to the Foundation for Government Accountability, a Naples, Florida-based fiscal watchdog group.

I "realize" we are throwing the baby out with the bathwater over an amount of money that could be saved by cutting the President's golf in half or by applying our same level of "fiscal" to any of the larger budget items.

I'm saddened that we even consider doing this to the people who really need it because there are a few who abuse it.

I don't know where we are as a country.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump’s plan to kick 500,000 poor children off the free school lunch program - GMDino - 07-30-2019, 04:17 PM