Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
GOP rallies around Trump 9/11 lie
(07-30-2019, 04:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: JJ's comment is certainly an exaggeration of Trump's claims, but I find it telling that you're more focused on that exaggeration than the outright unsubstantiated claim (which is one of many unsubstantiated claims) that the president made to gain some sort of personal recognition out of our nation's biggest tragedy, which is far more troubling than JJ's dunk on your attempted defense of Trump.

This is one of those things where every American should be celebrating the bill, criticizing those who stood in its way, and also criticizing anyone who seeks to make the tragedy about themselves.

I am celebrating the bill and I find it troubling that you are the first one besides me to mention it at all in this thread.

But We are too busy shooting down JJ's over exaggerations that were never said. Trump isn't making this about himself. He made it clear he was down there on the ground like all other NY'ers but not a 1st Respondent. He's from NY, so of course he's going to say a little something. Many people on here get hung up on Trumps words. it's really confusing, we get into arguments on here about what was literally said. Literally, Trump has not claimed that he was a first respondent or a Hero saving people. That's it. JJ seems to think otherwise. So if you want to defend JJ's comments then feel free, otherwise he's the one making the outrageous claim that I am stating wasn't made. You should be more perturbed at him for distracting the topic from the actual Bill that was passed just cause he hates Trump.

Look at my very first post in here, first sentence:
"Do you think it's a good thing that he signed the 9/11 Bill?"

I think the bill is great and vastly over due. This is something that should have already been done on Obama's watch.

PS Huge irony, for once Trump is being defended for something he didn't say rather than something he did...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
GOP rallies around Trump 9/11 lie - jj22 - 07-30-2019, 10:05 AM
RE: GOP rallies around Trump 9/11 lie - Mike M (the other one) - 07-30-2019, 05:53 PM