Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caitlyn Jenner escapes charges after fatal car crash
(10-01-2015, 02:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I've always been of the opinion that if it is the result of an accident in which you made a mistake in driving, that it really isn't criminal, and it really shouldn't involve jail time.  I probably wouldn't feel that way, initially at least, if someone were to kill one of my kids, but we don't make laws on emotion.

Fred can correct me if I am wrong, but that's basically the difference between negligence and gross negligence. Was it an accident or the result of a disregard for others?

From what some reports had said, police sources said that it was more of a freak accident that a double read ending resulted in one car going at an angle into oncoming traffic. There were 3 drivers (1st driver, 2nd middle driver (deceased), 3rd-Jenner). Driver 1 came to a stop in the middle of the road and Driver 2 came to a stop in order to avoid rear ending them. Jenner then rear ended driver 2 which caused driver 2 to get pushed into the oncoming SUV. 

I've been in a similar situation. I was driving on the interstate and there was some debris in my lane blocking it, so I had to quickly get over. As soon as I did, the car in front of me came to a complete stop (don't know why, it was 9pm so the highway was empty). I slammed on my brakes and skid into them. The difference was that they were an SUV and I was in a sedan. They looked back at me, saw my car was totaled and sped off. Had it been my Jeep and them in a smaller car, I might have pushed them into the other lane. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Caitlyn Jenner escapes charges after fatal car crash - BmorePat87 - 10-02-2015, 04:07 PM