Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kim Davis' meeting with the Pope a farce....
(10-03-2015, 12:03 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: While I get your point I think you're being far too forgiving.  The Vatican, while subject to the errors inherent in any bureaucracy, is a rigidly controlled entity.  The pope has his handlers but he is not a baby in a basket being carried wherever he's told without his input.

From one article I read, the official setting up the meeting is not a fan of the current Pontiff and is more conservative. There may have been some intent behind it on his part. That being said, the comments Francis made on the plane show he likely does support Davis' position, I just think if it were up to him it would have been a meeting he would have avoided.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kim Davis' meeting with the Pope a farce.... - Belsnickel - 10-03-2015, 07:41 AM