Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should "retweeting" be a crime?
(10-02-2019, 09:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: I didn't say it wasn't negative, I am saying it doesn't meet a threshold of criminality without it having more context. When I think of malice, I am looking for some sort of commentary along with it showing it (derogatory words, calls to action in regards to the information, etc). The article posted provided little to no context about previous incidents or any commentary added to the sharing of the information. That said, see my other examples of shared information. Are those also crimes? If the answer is no then this can't be either, at least as portrayed in the story. If the answer is yes then newspapers are complicit in a lot of crimes and I don't think we want to head down that road.

They could probably get the girlfriend for some sort of cyber crime for illegally accessing the phone if the boyfriend cooperated, but going after anything related to the death is an overcharge here as the story is written. 

You literally said "It doesn't appear they did anything negative towards him with regards to said information (Teasing, intimidation, etc.)". The act of outing him as retribution was a negative action. 

Explain exactly how it was done innocently. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Should "retweeting" be a crime? - bfine32 - 10-01-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: Should "retweeting" be a crime? - BmorePat87 - 10-02-2019, 10:15 AM
RE: Should "retweeting" be a crime? - CJD - 10-02-2019, 11:18 AM