Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should "retweeting" be a crime?
(10-02-2019, 11:35 AM)Au165 Wrote: Did they release the information and follow it up with threats, teasing, intimidation? I didn't say innocent did I? I said they didn't do anything negative towards him WITH that information they released. The information is negative but without additional actions around releasing the information it doesn't rise to anything other than releasing factual information that there was no legal expectation to remain private.

And what I am saying is that the act itself is inherently negative, especially since it was done in retribution and out of anger. They released it full well knowing the implications of it and the response he would receive. He even called the girl afterwards and told her he was going to kill himself and she didn't call the police or anyone else.

The idea that they were only harming this kid if they added a commentary to their vindictive actions is absurd. The idea that shaming someone while explicitly outing them is not negative only perpetuates the cycle of pain and intolerance that LGBT youth experience in disproportionate numbers. 

The intent is there. Hopefully one day the law will hold people who participate in this type of harassment responsible for their actions.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Should "retweeting" be a crime? - bfine32 - 10-01-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: Should "retweeting" be a crime? - BmorePat87 - 10-02-2019, 12:03 PM
RE: Should "retweeting" be a crime? - CJD - 10-02-2019, 11:18 AM