Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should "retweeting" be a crime?
(10-09-2019, 10:10 AM)Au165 Wrote: I just keep asking if this would be treated the same way with similar circumstances and a different outcome, but that is a straw-man to some people for whatever reason. I've thrown up multiple examples of different but similar circumstances as well that people quickly reject as being "different" but they still focus on the same fundamental pieces of this harassment charge that people have now zeroed in on the law that was broken. These laws aren't being applied across the board universally so it seems the emotional aspects of this case have riled people up to start enforcing it. My issue is if you want to enforce it here then you are going to create a lot of criminals going down this road as it is an overly broad law that could be applied to almost anyone. 

I have contended from the start thought that I am simply going off the question in the OP and information presented in THIS article. Others appear to have found other information that shows there was more to this then this one instance. IF that is the case then sure harassment, bullying, etc are all fair game, but my premise in this whole thread has been on the information as it is laid out and the question in the OP. 
I will say it's refreshing to be on the same side of a discussion with someone, with whom, I seldom am. We may be on the "wrong" side but it's good to see different ideologies can agree on certain issues. I'm with you and that's why I keep asking what else the the kids have done. Instead of those already convicting then I think we'd need to know was this parted of repeated acts of harassment or was it just a couple kids that did it one time because they're immature and found it funny.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Should "retweeting" be a crime? - bfine32 - 10-01-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: Should "retweeting" be a crime? - CJD - 10-02-2019, 11:18 AM
RE: Should "retweeting" be a crime? - bfine32 - 10-09-2019, 02:00 PM