Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should "retweeting" be a crime?
(10-09-2019, 03:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: You sure? How many times have people been outed they didn't kill themselves? "Likely to" when it comes to psychological harm is where you lose me and most likely the court and jury. Again, what one person will kill themselves over another person will get over quickly. My uncle was outed by an ex lover (Was introduced as a buddy) at a family function, he didn't kill himself and he appeared to handle it well enough as he came to Thanksgiving with his new boyfriend a few months later. By your definition of "Likely to" cause psychological harm he should have been arrested, but again that stuff happens every day and no jury is going to convict someone for doing so.

Yeah, I am sure.

First of all I don't have to prove suicide in order to prove psychological harm.  But not only are teen suicide rates higher than any other age group, but LTBTQ teens are three times more likely to commit suicide than heterosexuals.  

Second of all this occurred in a county where the population elected a District Attorney that has said the LGBTQ community is not entitled to equal protection under the law.

The only person that would "lose the jury" would be the one who argued "Well one time an adult was outted to his family so that means nothing will happen if you out a teenager to the entire community."

Messages In This Thread
Should "retweeting" be a crime? - bfine32 - 10-01-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: Should "retweeting" be a crime? - CJD - 10-02-2019, 11:18 AM
RE: Should "retweeting" be a crime? - fredtoast - 10-11-2019, 01:06 PM