Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should "retweeting" be a crime?
(10-11-2019, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, I am sure.

First of all I don't have to prove suicide in order to prove psychological harm.  But not only are teen suicide rates higher than any other age group, but LTBTQ teens are three times more likely to commit suicide than heterosexuals.  

Second of all this occurred in a county where the population elected a District Attorney that has said the LGBTQ community is not entitled to equal protection under the law.

The only person that would "lose the jury" would be the one who argued "Well one time an adult was outted to his family so that means nothing will happen if you out a teenager to the entire community."

I mean I sent you rulings of people being called nasty things online and it being considered protected speech by federal courts, so proving psychological harm seems to be more difficult than you are asserting. 

It doesn't really matter as it seems you aren't changing my mind and I'm not changing yours. Rather than getting you riled up and heading towards "timeouts" I'll just say I disagree with your view on this subject. 

Messages In This Thread
Should "retweeting" be a crime? - bfine32 - 10-01-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: Should "retweeting" be a crime? - CJD - 10-02-2019, 11:18 AM
RE: Should "retweeting" be a crime? - Au165 - 10-11-2019, 03:43 PM