Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Does Trump inspire hate from his followers?
(10-11-2019, 04:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I feel great about myself and if you deem answering the question posed by the OP: "Does Trump inspire hate from his followers?" with "He inspires hate in those that dislike them" to be whataboutism.

This seems like an unfinished thought, but yes, it is. The question was asked, evidence was provided for discussion about the question, and then you played the whataboutism game.

(10-11-2019, 04:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How do you feel about yourself; if the only remarks you have on the ugly protest are about the guy that posted them? 

I feel fine about myself. I've said plenty of times that this sort of behavior is wrong. I recognize that figures such as Trump, through his actions and words, are used as an excuse by people on both sides to engage in behaviors that are abhorrent. I just don't like to use whataboutism to deflect from an issue which generates dissonance for me.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Trump inspire hate from his followers? - Belsnickel - 10-11-2019, 04:29 PM