Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should "retweeting" be a crime?
(10-11-2019, 06:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know how to define it because I don't know what material was released.

It may very well have been nothing more than the same type of snide snarky remarks that you make around here all the time.  In that case I would have no problem with it.

I don't consider message board back-and-forth to be criminal harassment.  But I am able to see a difference between that and outing a teenage boy.

OK, let's pretend it occurred when folks got into a heated debate about, uuuhhmmm...IDK, maybe the ethics of adults having their children dress up like adults and use vulgar language to support the parent's ideology.  After reading this heated back and forth Poster A realizes he may of overstepped during the discussion so he sends personal apologies to Poster B. Poster B gets upset in another thread with Poster A so he decides to make public the comments made in the PM public with the intent to humiliate, belittle, and slur Poster A. Let's say he said things such as whineing, crying, begging...

If you really cannot see the difference between comments freely made in a public forum and "outing" those shared in a private message, then IDK what to tell you.

I really don't know why you are so hesitant to answer the question asked in the example, my example was not about back and forth in a message board. It was about someone making public comments made in a PM in the intent to harm.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Should "retweeting" be a crime? - bfine32 - 10-01-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: Should "retweeting" be a crime? - CJD - 10-02-2019, 11:18 AM
RE: Should "retweeting" be a crime? - bfine32 - 10-11-2019, 06:46 PM