Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Parents of U.K. teen killed in crash say they felt ambushed during Trump meeting
(10-17-2019, 12:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: Actually, now that they have returned to the states the question becomes residual immunity. The reality is though residual immunity most likely won't help her because it only protects diplomats from official acts and she most likely wasn't performing any official acts. I think what will happen is the UK will basically put out an extradition request and Trump will tell them not to grant it. When that happens she will basically be locked into the country because if she travels anywhere else she will be arrested and extradited. In the mean time the UK will then refuse to extradite people we need as a tit for tat over this obviously guilty and no longer immune person. 

I think you'll find the UK has already done so, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_McKinnon, in the past.  We should feel no obligation in this regard based on the McKinnon case alone.

Honestly, this family and the UK are being a bit disingenuous.  While I utterly sympathize with their situation they don't want her to return to the UK so they can have a therapeutic meeting with her, they want her criminally charged.  That being the case there isn't a single POTUS in recent history who would return her to the UK.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Parents of U.K. teen killed in crash say they felt ambushed during Trump meeting - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-17-2019, 01:47 PM