Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Parents of U.K. teen killed in crash say they felt ambushed during Trump meeting
(10-17-2019, 03:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You've made this point, I acknowledged it.  You're not addressing mine, that being that the US is not going to set this type of precedent and I don't believe a single modern day POTUS would send her back to the UK.  It would make state department employees in foreign countries extremely reticent to serve.  So, again, while I get the family of this teenager's position they're not going to get what they want and this isn't one you can pin on bad guy Trump.

Why, would it make them less likely to serve? If the wife got on the freeway today in the U.S. and killed someone she'd stand trial for it. I'm not trying to pin anything on anyone, I am telling you she has no legal protections and there is no precedent to set as it's not changing any interpretation of immunity. If a tourist did the same thing in the UK and came home we'd send them back. She was not performing any duty when she killed the kid and she has no legal reason not be sent back. This isn't a political persecution issue by a foreign government it is serving justice for someone who was wronged. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Parents of U.K. teen killed in crash say they felt ambushed during Trump meeting - Au165 - 10-17-2019, 03:24 PM