Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
No surprise: Trump will host the G7 at his own resort.
(10-17-2019, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree that Trump's appearance of conflict of interest is to be criticized. But in this case does he get any credit for hosting it at cost (as Sunset suggests)? Seems sorta like a bunch of folks planning a party and wondering "Where can we rent" and one of them states "We can do it at my house for free and save money". 

There's a lot in this thread I find a bit astonishing, this is one of them. We actually should give him credit? Credit?

This would mean to adopt the most Trumpfriendly picture imaginable (he saves his poor buddies that want to party and do not know where) and treat it as the undisputable truth of the matter. First, one needs to believe him when he says "at cost", and there is zero rational reason to believe anything Trump says. That is not a biased statement. There simply isn't.

Also, "at cost" seems a fishy assumption to begin with, even if that were true (and not just said because otherwise, it would be breaking the law). Even "at cost", he gets a property rented out that usually is not, especially at the time. Also, detour profitability is probably the biggest factor in deals like this one.

Credit to Trump for blatantly promoting his own property. Pshaw.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: No surprise: Trump will host the G7 at his own resort. - hollodero - 10-18-2019, 12:22 PM