Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Let's talk about income inequality
(05-26-2015, 10:54 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Benifits such as health care become a factor when considering employment from both the employee and employer. Most factory jobs contract their hiring process through employment agencies where health care benifits aren't as enticing and sometimes not offered at all, not to mention the fear of the possibility of working through a temp agency and end up not getting hired at all. This screening process obviously works well for the employer and contractor but often not so well for the employee. Many times, unless you're a skilled worker, the starting pay through these agencies is minimal. So, minimum wage plus little to no health care creates a void where immigrants are willing to step in and I don't blame them one bit personally. I also don't blame the guy working at McDonald's who gets 45 hrs a week plus bennies plus free food for being afraid to switch into one of these contracted jobs. At least McD's offers a budget guideline to their workers for how to survive on their payscale, albeit a person would have to have superior self control to maintain that budget and well, it's a bit of a stretch to begin with.

The standard of living in America is such that people have come to expect certain amenities. Right or wrong, that's just the reality of being an American these days. I blame the baby boomers for that. They, after all razed[sic] this generation.

Meh....yeah, somewhat.  There's also the sentiment of my grandparents' generation (the greatest generation) that they didn't put their necks on the line in Europe and the South Pacific to see their families' jobs outsourced and have to work like a dog and STILL have to use government subsidies just to get by. (what was the old saying about a chicken in every pot?)

If you work 40 hrs. a week, you should be able to get by on your own merits, period.  That just isn't always the case.  A big part of that is the loss of our industrial might.

As for the first part, I agree totally, and I also acknowledge there are some lazy moochers out there.  That being said, pure, unadulterated greed has its share of blame too.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about income inequality - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-28-2015, 03:51 PM