Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban Outfitters parent company asks employees to work for free
(10-08-2015, 10:13 PM)crispy Wrote: It says they asked salaried employees.  The time you can volunteer is 9:00 am to 6:00 pm which is roughly the same time salaried employees usually work.  If they volunteer they are probably still getting paid their salary.  Essentially still getting paid to work, just not do their normal work.  Also said increased seasonal demand.  I know when we have a surge in demand at work, us salaried employees do things we typically don't do to get through the increased demand without bringing people in just to let them go a couple months later.  Seems like a lot of whining to me.

My sister works for urban and when you volunteer for this you don't get paid more but you get the time off further down the line.  They do this all the time if they have a prototype or a store opening.  In essence you work longer hours for one week and then the same amount less another.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Urban Outfitters parent company asks employees to work for free - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-08-2015, 11:13 PM