Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perspective on the value of a top 5 pick.
(11-04-2019, 01:16 AM)samhain Wrote: This is what really worries me.  The Bengals have been living off of those drafts for a long time.  They're going to meet their expiration date soon, and they've not been replicated.  Not remotely.  

I don't think this organization has it in them to rectify those failed drafts.  That means that fans will be left to wait until they finally manage to be the blind squirrel finding the nut 2 or 3 times in a row.  That's not likely to happen without a change in people and process.  Change in people and process is probably less likely to happen.

This organization may have died on the night of the infamous playoff game in January 2016.  That level of talent was a pinnacle that they show no signs of being able to replace.  

And don't forget the blind squirrel finding the nuts for several years in a row also has to align with having good coaches on staff at that exact time period. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perspective on the value of a top 5 pick. - I_C_DeadPeople - 11-04-2019, 01:45 PM