Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor knows his approach is right and is trying to build a foundation for champion..
(11-12-2019, 10:29 AM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: He's not overly wrong here.  This could be chalked up to growing pains and he may have an approach that he is trying to move toward.

However, I don't see the approach.  With Marvin it was obvious, control the ToP, play stingy defense, field position, don't make mistakes and have every drive end in a kick.  It didn't work out for Marvin but it is a winning philosophy.  Marvin made sure to get people that understood his philosophy and that was why he did have the success he did.  His biggest issue was not making the moves he needed to make fast enough.

ZT hasn't really shown that he knows what philosophy he wants to use.  He just seems to be grabbing random people and then telling us that he has a plan.  Drew Sample is an example of this.  I am sure somethings got derailed, like Williams' injury, Green's injury, Glenn's "concussion", Boling retiring and a few other surprise bumps and bruises along the way with some players being out.

I mean our OLine with Glenn (who isn't great but serviceable), Boling, Hopkins, ? (probably Price or Jerry) and Williams would be much better than what we have now.  Obviously Green being out hurts our WRs as Boyd is not a #1 WR.  So if he is in the line up with the line ZT expected to have, maybe we see the philosophy a little more clearer.  Maybe we have more wins than we do, maybe we lead the division and everyone is on clouds.  Who knows, but the reality is that injuries and retirements happen all the time, and you have to adjust for them.  Failure to do so can lead to this disaster that we have going on.

Maybe he is right, maybe this is the only time we go through this.  Maybe he does build up a team that wins consistently.  This is why I am not writing him off just yet.  This coming offseason will be very telling.  If he panics and goes QB with our first pick, then I will just have another reason to be skeptical and believe that he is just winging it, with no real plan.  I will give him a chance even with a QB pick, but wouldn't be surprised if we continue to fail.  Then we can mock him for these sound bites.

That might be the way you see it, and you aren't completely wrong.

I see it as he's majorly hampered by this OL. Losing Jonah Williams for the season really hurt.
He's also really hampered by FA as well for this Season.

I agree we have to wait and see what this next off season brings. We still need to see what Finley can do as well.
If we can get a trade to get a mid to late 1st round pick, that would be great. I'd draft the OL from Georgia and then Jalen Hurts later.

I still think the Defense can be fixed via FA's. LB's will be available and we can afford them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taylor knows his approach is right and is trying to build a foundation for champion.. - Mike M (the other one) - 11-12-2019, 01:51 PM