Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor knows his approach is right and is trying to build a foundation for champion..
(11-12-2019, 01:51 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That might be the way you see it, and you aren't completely wrong.

I see it as he's majorly hampered by this OL. Losing Jonah Williams for the season really hurt.
He's also really hampered by FA as well for this Season.

I agree we have to wait and see what this next off season brings. We still need to see what Finley can do as well.
If we can get a trade to get a mid to late 1st round pick, that would be great. I'd draft the OL from Georgia and then Jalen Hurts later.

I still think the Defense can be fixed via FA's. LB's will be available and we can afford them.

That is why I mentioned how the his expectations of the OLine vs what he actually got gives him a bit of a pass.  I don't really see a philosophy or style from him, but that could be due to the sudden and rapid changes that happened all back to back of each other.

I agree that we need Thomas out of Georgia with our 1st pick as both insurance if Williams falters (Thomas could bust too) or more ideally if Williams is great then Thomas take the other side.  Both of them have played both RT and LT and both have done both at a high level.  For our 2nd pick if he is there I would take Kindley in a heartbeat.  I know how much of a long shot that is, back to back OLine from the same school... probably an NFL first for a team to do that, but that would hopefully improve the line by a lot. 

I don't want a QB in this draft, the kid I like the most is Eason, but with the rest of the team looking so bad and knowing that a better OLine makes better RBs, which makes better QBs, which makes better offenses, which keeps your defense off the field and well rested, I have to go with OLine.  I have said it before and I will keep saying Thomas in the 1st, Kindley or Bredeson in the 2nd and Biadasz in the 3rd.  Bachie in the 4th for defense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taylor knows his approach is right and is trying to build a foundation for champion.. - OswaldsLegacy - 11-12-2019, 05:49 PM