Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper
(10-10-2015, 11:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: First off, the statement "Your smart enough to know exactly what I'm talks about" is so awesome I want it tattooed on my forehead.  Also, I can see how some stuff adults would just love to wave a magic wand and make high school dances a flashback to the 1950s, but it's only going to happen in the halcyon delusions of people who are completely removed from the situation.

It's not about the 1950's. It's about a standard of respect of decency. I had to go to these dances when I was teaching and they do cross a lot of lines. Every girl deserves to feel like a princess and every boy deserves the opportunity to dance with a princess. That's the point of these dances. To expose children to finer things. To make them wear a big dress and a tux. It's almost a crash course in finishing school: Showing them a proper date, opening doors, nice restaurant, These are critical in showing a girl what to expect from a gentleman.

Is it 1950's thinking to expect out young men to be gentlemen? And our young girls to be ladies? Why don't they deserve to be exposed to this treatment?

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - StLucieBengal - 10-10-2015, 11:51 PM