Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper
(10-10-2015, 11:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's not about the 1950's.   It's about a standard of respect of decency.   I had to go to these dances when I was teaching and they do cross a lot of lines.   Every girl deserves to feel like a princess and every boy deserves the opportunity to dance with a princess.   That's the point of these dances.   To expose children to finer things.    To make them wear a big dress and a tux.    It's almost a crash course in finishing school:   Showing them a proper date, opening doors, nice restaurant,   These are critical in showing a girl what to expect from a gentleman.  

Is it 1950's thinking to expect out young men to be gentlemen?   And our young girls to be ladies?   Why don't they deserve to be exposed to this treatment?

Those dances are called proms or formals, and they are still occurring right now. And guess what, the kids usually do dance a little less provocatively at those dances. I'm sure you can still find pics or videos to post of kids grinding at those events too, but having chaperoned them, and depending on the school, there is less of the outright grinding at them. But then there are just regular school dances, like those thrown by the student council as fund raisers and such. Those are the events where you will see much more of the type of dancing that so offends you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - Beaker - 10-11-2015, 10:30 AM