Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals v Steelers in Lewis era
(11-21-2019, 04:02 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Sure seems to me that if a team owns you especially to that extent then they actually ARE that much better than you. Add in the inability of one team to NEVER win a playoff game and the other team winning several and that only adds to that team being that much better.

Head to head in sports is one of the truest and purest measures in pitting teams against one another and to dominate in that fashion further validates it.

I don't think anybody with any sense would really try to argue we're better than the Steelers in any metric (other than the metric of 'not being the scummiest franchise going). I think the point is more that under Marv we had plenty of seasons where we were just as good, if not better than they were. But still they would beat us or at least split the series. When we're worse than they are, its an 0-2 season every time.

It is strange when you then consider Marv's record against the Ravens. So much better against a team which haven't been that inferior (if at all) to the Steelers over the same period. Some matchups are more favourable etc, but I think it really is as simple as we don't fear the Ravens and losing to them is no biggie. We do fear the Steelers and losing to them furthers the narrative. I imagine most of us don't hate Baltimore anywhere near as much as we all hate Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals v Steelers in Lewis era - TheCincinnatiKid - 11-21-2019, 04:20 PM