Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason.
(11-22-2019, 09:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: How long do you think ZT would stick with Bridgewater before Finley or some other "cross your fingers and hope for the best" QB replaces him?  We have a decent, doesn't rock the boat QB on the roster and he's on the bench...what makes other QBs think they're going to be the exception here?

I think ZT needs that sort of "we are in evaluation mode, so ignore the scoreboard" comfort that having a new guy under center brings.  The last thing ZT wants is a vet QB that puts him into "you should be winning something right now" mode.  This is why I see Finley taking the lumps for a few games next season before the QB we go all-in on at #1 overall takes the field and starts learning on the fly.

Just my take.  Though, I could see Tannehill being the lump-taking vet but he's performed well enough this year that he probably doesn't have to take a bottom of the barrel deal to go to Cincy with his ol' pal.

Bridgewater has shown the ability to win in Minnesota and looks fully recovered and playing well in New Orleans this year on his one year prove it deal. 

The idea behind getting Teddy is to have a first round QB without burning a pick on Burrows, who may or may not be able to play in the NFL, Bridgewater has shown he can win at the NFL level, any draft pick is a gamble. He is an upgrade over Dalton and he is a local guy who would bring back a small portion of the fanbase on name alone. 

After that you would have to extend Green and use the draft picks from trading back and dumping Dalton and Glenn to impact the O-Line and LB corp. It becomes a situation where you are competitive quickly.

(11-22-2019, 11:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is crazy.  If you go with a veteran QB then just keep dalton.  He is a much better QB than Bridgewater.

In what world is Dalton better then Bridgewater?

Bridgewater is 5 years younger and trending up while Dalton has been steadily trending down in his numbers since 2015.

In 6 starts for Teddy this year he has the same amount of TDs as Dalton, with less interceptions and a QBR of 98.9. How is Dalton better at this point in their careers?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Murdock2420 - 11-22-2019, 06:10 PM