Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Democratic Party has moved too far to the left.
(11-25-2019, 09:25 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I mean, there's no doubt that the party is moving to the left. 10 years ago, the Democrats were not talking about universal healthcare, debt free college or any of the other policies mentioned in this post, at least not on a significant scale like we're seeing today.

But to the contrary of what some of the more right leaning or center right posters are saying, I don't think the party is moving to an extreme. I just think the Democrats are FINALLY beginning to occupy the left wing of the political spectrum after spending decades as the true center party.

Before now, there was no left wing party in America other than the Green party, who never really got any traction as a major part of American politics.

I think it's nice to finally have a progressive wing of American politics.

I don't disagree with you, but what I'm saying is the perception of "too far" to the left is based upon the OW shift. I agree that there is a movement towards more progressive policies, but that movement is coming after there has been a decades long shift to the right.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Democratic Party has moved too far to the left. - Belsnickel - 11-25-2019, 09:47 PM