Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Democratic Party has moved too far to the left.
(11-27-2019, 09:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: Is the Democratic party "too far" left? Not as a whole IMHO...but the entire country could use a good step back (and to the left real) quick.

I'm a Roosevelt fan, which may seem obvious by my signature. A fan of both of them. One of the things Theodore Roosevelt was a big proponent of was clearing out corruption in politics. That was what the progressive movement was really about at the time. When I look at the current situation and hear folks like Rich Lowry talk about what is going on, agreeing that everything the Democrats say happened but saying it isn't impeachable, makes me think about that movement and how more than a century after those efforts we still have the fight those same battles.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Democratic Party has moved too far to the left. - Belsnickel - 11-27-2019, 01:10 PM