Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Cat Bounce in full effect
(12-01-2019, 10:55 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Just curious as to why you think Conklin is so good?  The Titans declined to exercise the 5th year option on the contract.

I am not against bringing him in and letting him compete if the price is right.  However, I don't think he would be the answer at OT as many on here seem to make him out to be.

I still say take Andrew Thomas from Georgia.  He can play LT or RT and has done so at a high level, much the same as Williams.  If Williams struggles then hopefully Thomas will pan out.  Same thing if Thomas struggles. 

If they both struggle then that is when having Conklin as an option would be ideal.  If they both perform well then Conklin would be a solid back up in the event of an injury.

My point is that Conklin looks like a solid back up or a stop gap until you find someone better, but not a legit starter that you can rely on.  So I am just curious as to why you and some others keep banging the drum for him, like I do for Thomas?

I would surmise that they declined to extend due to his knee and because they have to pay Lewan and Saffold big bucks already and i believe they think Dennis Kelly can take over Conklin's spot. He hasn't played at the All Pro level from his rookie year but he's an instant upgrade to Bobby Hart and he's above average in passpro, even after his injury...which he will be another year away from. He has bounced back from an "average" year in 2018 and i think he should get even better next year. 

Conklin isn't going to sign to be a backup. And he's not a stop gap. If he's in FA, he's going to look to get paid. As far as Thomas goes...i don't question his talent. I just don't want another average to below year from whoever is behind center next year. I want a #1OA graded QB and i want to fix the line, which can be done between now and the start of TC next year. Year after year i keep seeing other teams get QBs that make throws in the most important games to win Sunday and Monday night and Playoff games. I want one of those guys. 

If you don't know much about Joe Burrow, don't just watch a couple videos, go read up on him.
 https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_b12cabf8-65e2-11e8-889b-c3de62778f9f.html
https://www.tigerrag.com/football-junkie-joe-burrow-impressing-lsus-coaching-staff-with-hard-work-humility/
This guy isn't Akili "i don't know the playbook" Smith--the one hit wonder some compare him to. Someone posted a video of him at OSU, a tug of war with a LB--and Joe won. The guy is a competitor.

It looks like he has a bit of an ego, but so did Boomer "I don't want to sound like a spoiled brat, but this is like a slap in the face to me" Esiason. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - jason - 12-02-2019, 12:06 AM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - jason - 12-04-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - TKUHL - 12-01-2019, 09:13 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - TKUHL - 12-01-2019, 10:45 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - Edge - 12-01-2019, 08:32 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - Edge - 12-01-2019, 08:52 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - TKUHL - 12-01-2019, 10:50 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - rfaulk34 - 12-01-2019, 11:37 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - jason - 12-02-2019, 08:29 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - jason - 12-02-2019, 09:03 PM