Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Democratic Party has moved too far to the left.
(12-02-2019, 03:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll tell you right now, giving a must choose between Sanders/Warren and Trump I'd vote for Trump.  Thankfully I can vote for a third party candidate and not have to do either as neither choice appeals to me at all.

Nah, I get that. Though you seem to resemble some of the things I described, you are actually not quite the type of person I had in mind. The reason being that you are aware of what Trump is, you just possibly and genuinely still see it as less dramatic as I do. (And see the Dems as more dramatically left as I do.) And then it sure makes sense to prefer Trump policies to Warren policies, that even I consider a bit extreme and a bad fit for the US at times.

Your dilemma rather describes my grievances with the political system in the US. I don't know how I'd think in your shoes. But there's a thought I'd consider rational which would tell me I have to actively vote against Trump and hence the GOP this one time (third party won't do the trick), so Trump goes away and makes room for a better conservative party instead of the embarrassment it is now. Which only can happen if he loses big. But that's just a thought not based on any reality I face. (For if my leftist partys fails me, I just vote for another leftist party :) or center if I must)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Democratic Party has moved too far to the left. - hollodero - 12-02-2019, 03:40 PM