Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Cat Bounce in full effect
(12-03-2019, 08:24 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Im ready to move on from Dalton or at least groom his replacement next season. One game where he plays with a little fire isnt going to convince me that Dalton will remain that way. He lacks fire and leadership ad thats why we suck so bad in the playoffs and prime time under him.

As far as coaches. Im up in the air but leaning on the side of "meh". I havent been impressed with the offensive playcalling or the defense most of the season. That said there is a part of me that would like to see what the coaches could do with more talent. Looking at this roster, it seems similar to someone asking me to build a pimped out fireplace mantle with nothing but cracked up pine furring strips. There is just not much good that can come out of that. Releasing Preston Brown was like addition by subtraction because we have gotten better every week since he was cut. Another failed LB choice by Marvin, who was the worst LB evaluator Ive ever seen.  Not too mention getting Dennard back has been a nice boost. The D is showing signs of life and they look a bit better than last year even with less help from the O imo.

On offense I think Zac has been afraid to really open up the playbook because we cant even get the basics down. Our QBs have had about 1.2 seconds before defenders are closing in fast most of the season. Go thru their reads is more like hurry up and get rid of the ball asap before you get killed. Just not much you can do with that.  I would hate to be an OC with this roster. Its a potential career killer. Im not saying Zac is a really good play caller, but I dont think hes as bad as this roster has forced him to be. Coaches arent wizards who can conjure up magic to make players play above their skill level. The holes we have in this roster were here before Zac was hired. Injuries held back whatever he did to start fixing it when Williams and Glenn got hurt.

Bottom line, if we had Williams at LT and Glenn at G all season, and AJ healthy I think we could've won some more games despite our OL woes. Glenn is nothing more than average at LT, but him being in there has been noticeable. The pocket looks better to the eyes. Just going from terrible blockers to average blockers would actually help this team with how bad it is.

Come on man...we'd be 10-6 if we had a healthy Andy all year.  Sarcasm Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - jason - 12-02-2019, 12:06 AM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - jason - 12-04-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - TKUHL - 12-01-2019, 09:13 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - TKUHL - 12-01-2019, 10:45 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - Edge - 12-01-2019, 08:32 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - Edge - 12-01-2019, 08:52 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - TKUHL - 12-01-2019, 10:50 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - jason - 12-02-2019, 08:29 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - jason - 12-02-2019, 09:03 PM
RE: Dead Cat Bounce in full effect - TKUHL - 12-01-2019, 10:55 PM