Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lapham said AJ looked 'unbelievable' in Pregame Workouts
(12-17-2019, 01:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: When it's the Bengals... I'll side with the player.

As you've said, the Bengals history does the players no justice.

In this instance, by not putting him in IR they give the NFL the impression that he should have been able to play this year and has had complications, thus turning other teams off to him for next year and driving his market price down.

It could actually be an honest mistake, but highly unlikely when the Bengals are involved. Mikey knows how to play the game when it comes to the money side.

The team has paid out nearly half of his current contract(30million) while he was on the injured list. For them to be skeptical of resigning him before they are sure he can play is prudent. None of us know what dollar amount AJ and his agent are seeking but breaking the bank for a player who will , by the end of the year, have missed one  and a half years straight doesn't make sense. My way of thinking is AJ has been paid well over his contracts and should do something like Fitzgerald has done and not try to hold the team hostage. I guess we will all see just how much AJ  wants to truly retire a Bengal.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lapham said AJ looked 'unbelievable' in Pregame Workouts - Catmandude123 - 12-17-2019, 03:37 PM