Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal
(12-20-2019, 05:41 PM)Benton Wrote: Baptist, if I remember right. I don't know the guy very well, outside of Facebook friend of a friend.

And I'm guessing this is going to garner the response of "that's not what I meant" but that that's your first response says a lot about my concerns over Christianity today. Of he's a Christian, it shouldnt really matter the denomination. A brother should be a brother. 

And, no, he was saying Trump shouldn't be called a Christian. And I'd agree. Nobody's perfect, but the idea is (basically) to try. Make an effort. Be nice to people. Promote charity (instead of stealing from it). Value peace. Offer love. Trump is as much a Buddhist as he is a Christian.

Just calling yourself something and then acting opposite of it doesn't mean you're the thing you're calling yourself. It's like saying "I'm a vegetarian who loves a good steak or some smoked ribs.... Hey, nobody's perfect, but I'm still a vegetarian."

That's exactly what I said and exactly what I meant. Of course my concern is your considering the woman "weird" for calling the Pastor to task. 

Of course a brother should be a brother; however, I'm not one to call someone who professes to be a Christian, not a Christian. I'll leave that to your Facebook Pastor.

Perhaps the next time you interact with the Facebook Pastor you could explain to him that the Christian should be reborn every day and not to cast judgement. But that's just me. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal - bfine32 - 12-20-2019, 08:02 PM