Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have had 3 #1 overall picks since inception
(12-23-2019, 03:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't convince me that Burrows skill level just suddenly went from "good" to "greatest" at age 24 in his SIXTH college season.

He is a good QB, but his greatness is a product of the coaching and talent around him.

I think he is way overrated.  If his greatness was a product of his skills we would have seen it before this year.

He's a hard worker and he's good, but you make a valid point. I've been trying to explain that to the JB or bust crowd.

He has Joe Brady drawing up the plays in the passing game.  Brady comes from the Saints organization. Both Joe's have had the benefit of using very good NFL schemes against over matched NCAA defenses all season long.

He has intangibles and works hard. He lacks arm strength, but anticipates his throwing windows pretty well. 

Ts, your point is valid and doesn't fall upon deaf ears. We obviously want hm to succeed if he's our QB, but expectations should be tempered in the beginning.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals have had 3 #1 overall picks since inception - coachmcneil71 - 12-23-2019, 03:50 PM