Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal
(12-24-2019, 07:38 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: I think the reason he brought up prostitutes is because Trump being the devout christian he is, has used the services of prostitutes many times thru his marriages and the birth of his children. ThumbsUp

He's trying to prove a point I've never tried to make, and applying what I've said about other things to how he's interpreting what he thinks I'm saying. And it's incorrect.

Anyone can be a Christian. All you've got to do is accept Christ and make an effort to love other people. Thats the nutshell. You can break it down (and most churches do) to don't kill people, don't lie to people, don't steal from people, etc. 

You don't even have to be perfect in it. You can screw up. It's ok. But the key part is you have to try.

The notion that you can be a Christian just by calling yourself one is absurd without any effort to actually follow through. 

Trump in a nutshell has been: 'im a Christian, you horse faced idiot. You're a loser if you don't cheat on your taxes. And your wives. Now go punch someone, or else you're a loser. And you're probly out to get me because you're a loser.'

It doesn't matter if you sin. We all do. What matters is that you're making an effort not to. Given that trump does the same multiple sins on a daily basis for the last..ever... I don't see him as a Christian. And not because it's the same sin, but because he never tried to make amends, never shows any repentance. Remorse over our mistakes is part of absolution. Trump shows none. 

And comparing him to Christ is revolting.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal - Benton - 12-24-2019, 09:55 AM