Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article - Says AD not main issue
(12-26-2019, 01:56 PM)samhain Wrote: It's pure conjecture, but I heard Tim McGee on 700 last week saying that he fully believed a 2019 Bengals roster with Hue Jackson as the HC could have won 5-6 games easily.  I'm not so sure.  He did actually manage to win zero games once before, and that's hard to do.  

There's zero chance that the fanbase would have accepted Hue as Marvn's replacement last offseason.  The stadium would have been emptier than it already was at the home opener vs the 9ers.  The media, national and local would have thoroughly thrashed them incessantly through the entire process.  

Rumor was, that Mike Brown really wanted to hire Hue to replace Marvin but was discouraged by others among the inbreds that understood what a lead balloon he would have been.  We all talk about how little they care for fan sentiment, but I still think seeing the stadium empty is something they genuinely view as a problem to be solved.  It forced their hand with Marvin, and I believe it did the same with the potential hiring of Jackson.

All that said, I wouldn't be mad at all to see Hue back in some capacity.  He's proven capable of running an offense, moreso than Zac for sure.  Despite what Baker Mayfield might think, I wouldn't be upset to see him charged with handling the development of a franchise quarterback.  Zac, on the other hand scares the hell out of me.  Trusting him with Burrow is not something I'm overly excited about.

All we heard from so called Bengals Board experts is fire ML as he is the issue in prior years.

Many of us said be careful what you wish for, the new guy could be worse.

Fast forward and the new guy so far is Dave Shula bad thus far making ML look like a HOF coach in comparison.

We heard fire him for press conferences and giggles and you name it. Have those learned yet hard to find great things (different) when you lose more games than you win.

I love our team and hope somehow or someway the FO figures out how to build a champion before I die, I am getting concerned as time is running out for me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Article - Says AD not main issue - Luvnit2 - 12-25-2019, 11:56 AM
RE: Article - Says AD not main issue - Luvnit2 - 12-26-2019, 02:15 PM
RE: Article - Says AD not main issue - CJD - 12-26-2019, 01:05 AM